mardi 24 juillet 2012

Off to London!

In exactly an hour, my press junket in London with Bertrand Duchaufour for Séville à l'aube is beginning. So I won't be able to respond to your comments as quickly as I usually do, but will do so Thursday.

Dans exactement une heure, mon marathon RP avec Bertrand Duchaufour va commencer. Désolée, donc, de ne pouvoir répondre à vos commentaires avec ma célérité habituelle. Je m'y consacrerai jeudi.

30 commentaires:

  1. I want to wish you fun in London but I feel it's superfluous - you're bound to have lots of it! :)
    Enjoy!

    P.S. Hope the weather is great though!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Quel beau momentum, ce sera l'effervescence et vous aurez beaucoup de plaisir j'en suis certaine! V

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Bon courage Denyse. Plein de bonnes choses et surtout de jolies surprises. A très vite. Elise.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Good luck and have fun in London! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Just tried Seville... at l'artisan in the marais. Beautiful and interesting. Couldn't believe the drydown was the same perfume

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I hope you have a great trip, and i am envious of the crowd that will be listening to you! Everyday your blog brings joy to many many readers. I cannot wait to try Seville. In the meantime, I still wear Fleur De Liane-I will never understand why this scent doesn't get more love!

    I hope you are well!
    Carole

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Ines, a belated thanks now that I'm back in Paris. It was fun, exhausting, unusual since it's the first time a fragrance conceived in such a way is presented... Met lots of lovely people, or connected with them in the real world for the first time, which is always great.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Violaine, d'une certaine manière le plus grand plaisir a été de mettre au point la dynamique du récit avec Bertrand, ce que nous faisions pour la première fois.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Elise, merci. Comme je le disais ci-dessus, la surprise principale a été l'ajout d'une nouvelle couche dans l'écriture du récit de cette création, via le dialogue avec Bertrand devant le public et les journalistes.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Carla, it's a very complex, narrative perfume and it moves back in time -- from dawn back into the night.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Carole, thanks. I like Fleur de Liane and agree it kind of slipped under the radar -- I belatedly reviewed it a year (or was it two) ago...

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. I loved your review of it, complete with the dislike of the descriptions of the notes when you first heard of it.

    I just read Olfactoria's review of the evening-it sounds like it was a very good time! I know you don't have anything to do with the distribution of the fragrance, but do you know where in Canada I could buy a bottle? Olgilvy's, maybe?

    Carole

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Yes, the first part of the perfume is bright like the morning and the end is so comforting. I recall incense. I will have to get a sample. When I'm in Paris every year for only 2-3 days I go crazy trying everything so it's hard to remember exactly. Especially since I no longer live in a big city with a lot of quality perfumes being sold nearby. How amazing to have such a personal narrative perfume. Duchaufour must be great to work with. I love what he did with Neela Vermeire.

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Carole, yes, Séville à l'aube will be sold at Ogilvy's. I know they already have a tester bottle, I think it'll be on sale sometime in September (it has to clear customs through the US first).

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Carla, I love what Bertrand did with Neela as well. Neela and I have discussed our respective processes recently and found, unsurprisingly, many common points.

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. You are all keeping the art alive and relevant.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Attended your session in Covent Garden yesterday. BD and yourself are fab raconteurs. Loved Seville a L'Aube and wearing it now. Also approved by husband and son - joint approval is rare!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Sunsetsong, I'm glad you enjoyed it -- our little duet number with Bertrand was unrehearsed, at least when we arrived on Tuesday, and it was fun to put it together "live". And I'm happy Séville à l'aube meets with the whole family's approval!

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Denyse, it was tons of fun to interview you and M. Duchaufour at L'Artisan in Covent Garden. I'm reviewing the footage now and the two of you are fizzing with vim and vitality - can't wait to upload it to KP Smells. Will let you know when I finish editing it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Katie, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're a star. Despite the technical odds, once more, I felt in the hands of a pro and I'm sure Mr. D did too. Thank you so much for putting this together. And, uh... my mom will be watching that!

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. Bon voyage ma chère! J'ai déjà commandé ma bouteille, maintenant je trépigne d'impatience!

    RépondreSupprimer
  22. Bonjour, hope everything was ok!
    I came back home yesterday after a long, hot and not pleasantly smelling train journey to find the sample of Séville in my mailbox! How delighted I was! The envelope literally radiated fragrance, it helped me quickly recover my sense of smell. I'll be testing it properly in the next days. Thanks and, again my warmest compliments!

    RépondreSupprimer
  23. Tara, ça y est, je suis rentrée depuis jeudi, j'espère que le parfum va te plaire!

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. Iodine, I'm glad the sample made it intact -- another winner of the draw told me his had totally leaked... Don't forget to decant in an atomizer if you have one, it's a lot better when it's sprayed on.

    RépondreSupprimer
  25. J'ai hâte de lire un "rapport détaillé" de cette rencontre à Londres!!! :) J'espère que l'événement a été à la hauteur de vos attentes, mais je n'en doute pas!!! :)
    Amitiés, Corinna

    RépondreSupprimer
  26. Corinna, je me tâte encore pour savoir si je dois le rédiger, et comment, puisque je ne veux pas couper l'herbe sous le pied des personnes qui nous ont interviewés! Pour l'instant je me sens comme un coureur de marathon qui a franchi la ligne d'arrivée... vidée!

    RépondreSupprimer
  27. C'est vrai que ça ne doit pas être évident... j'ai vu quelques photos sur facebook qui donnent une belle impression... ça dû être très émouvant!
    Je viens tout juste de recevoir mon échantillon de Séville à l'aube (dont je vous remercie énormément) et même pour moi, en tant que personne tout à fait externe à tout ce processus de création, après la lacture du livre, c'était un moment particulier: j'ai ouvert le flacon avec une toute autre attention et approche qu'un flacon 'quelconque'... votre livre a réussi à créer un tel suspense et une telle curiosité! Et: j'adoooore! C'est juste ma toute première impression, mais je sens presque les processions de la Semana Santa passer à côté de moi... Un effet de "sacré" et "sainteté" assez époustouflant, qui commence cependant à laisser la place à plus de légèreté... Je retrouve bien un "morceau d'Espagne" (où je vis) dans ce parfum et je suis impatiente de découvrir la suite de son évolution! Encore merci et bravo!

    RépondreSupprimer
  28. Corinna, que dire d'autre que: "Mission accomplie"? Cette création est une aventure unique, et il me tarde que les lecteurs moins polyglottes que vous puissent découvrir le livre en français... pour le coup, après avoir senti le parfum, ce qui sera une expérience différente.

    RépondreSupprimer