jeudi 3 janvier 2013

"Skin-loving Scents": My article on Elle.com

"The moan comes unbidden as I dip my nose into the glass bell that I’ve just lifted off Frédéric Malle’s new Tubereuse candle. This must be what it feels like to be a moth hovering over moon-pale blossoms: not a perfume, but the very scent of a sprig, cool green over creamy-smooth floral flesh."

Why do certain scents love our skin? To read the rest of my article, please click here to access the Elle.com website.

10 commentaires:

  1. Jordan, it definitely is... Hope you enjoyed the piece!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Denyse, this was a great, fun read. As I said in the Elle comments, I won't ever be able to look at tuberose in the same way again! Loved it!

    xoxoxA

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Anita, tuberoses are not only out for our skins: they want our souls too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. D, I read your article yesterday as soon as I was on the train. I enjoyed it very much! It's such a fascinating topic, and you've given it an interesting twist. The skin chemistry makes a big difference in how the perfumes are perceived, but perfumers also have their tricks in making scents love our skin.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. V, and I read yours! The topics were quite complementary.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Inspiring writing. Thank you so much.

    I knew tuberose wanted my skin, and I had a feeling that it wanted my soul too. Your words always articulate what I am forming.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Valerie, I'm glad the writing connected with what you're feeling!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. When's your next book out, Toots? You are incomparable.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Cait, I'm not even finished with The Perfume Lover since I need to have a last look at the French version...and then launch in the US, Canada and France. But thanks for prodding me!

    RépondreSupprimer