mardi 4 novembre 2008

Monochrome Bleu


Je suis Québécoise et je vis en France, mais en ce 4 novembre 2008, je pense en bleu à mes amis américains .

I may be a Quebecer and live in France, but on this 4th of November 2008, I’m thinking of my American friends, in blue.

Image: Monochrome Bleu, Yves Klein, 1960.

24 commentaires:

  1. Oui, moi aussi ! Une élection américaine ne nous a jamais autant intéressés.
    Pourvu que tout se passe comme prévu...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Qu'ils le veuillent ou non, les USA nous concernent tous...je ne regarde jamais CNN (je suis plutôt BBC), mais cette nuit, je fais une exception.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Je croise les doigts et prie tres fort que la volonte du peuple soit faite, sans chicanes. Allez les bleus! :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Houla! Sans chicanes, ce serait tellement mieux... Je pense à vous.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Another European chiming in to say he's sending blue waves across the pond :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. As I said above in French, what happens in the USA concerns the whole world... Fingers crossed!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Thank you, D.! I will remember this night for the rest of my life. The people have spoken, and have elected a true leader. After eight years of utter hell, I am proud to say that I am an American.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. C., I just got up (7 AM here), and yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss! you could, and did!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. yay! I'm elated and much relieved. The people have spoken.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Good morning from a new US. We finally pulled our heads out and got it right. For the first time since I came back to this country I can say "Je suis fier pour être Américain" (did I get that right?)

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Je suis folle de joie!!! J'ai pleure toute la soiree. C'est un grand jour pour l'Amerique et le monde entier.

    Vive le peuple americain!!!

    Yes we can!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Jarvis, I've just spent the day talking to people of all origins -- French, Portuguese, Irish, German and American, and everybody's elated. Yay!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Kathleen, the correct form is "Je suis fière d'être Américaine", but hey, who's going to stand on a little French syntax on such a historic day?

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Tara, j'ai pleuré aussi -- ainsi que toutes les personnes à qui j'ai parlé, de toutes origines.
    Je me suis rendue compte, tout d'un coup, à quel point l'Amérique m'avait manqué. Le fait de croire en l'Amérique.
    Welcome back to the world, America!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. lunarose here.

    so just relieved that bush/cheney are on their way out.....but i live in california, and the passage of this ban on gay marriage is so disgusting. it's really thrown a pall over the whole election for me, especially as i am a multi-generational californian with a heavy dose of 'differently gendered' folks in the family.

    as fortume would have it, itlooks like the mormons and catholics (who poured huge gobs of cash into california from out of state to get this ban passed) may have goofed on the legality of the proposition, and legal challenges are starting today. with the new administration's influence on the judicial branch, we have a much better chance of favorable court decisions on this one.

    (not meaning to throw a wet blanket on things~sorry!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Lunarose, I was very quickly alerted to this by gay/lesbian friends, some of whom married in San Francisco recently. It's pretty outrageous to concede a legal right to people, then withdraw it. I do hope Prop.8 gets challenged.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. J 'ai vote Obama bien sur meme si j 'ai supporte Hillary au depart. Je n 'ai jamais regarde la couleur de sa peau (I 'm color blind LOL), d 'ailleurs pendant tous ces mois de duel avec Hillary, je le trouvais "cocky", un brin arrogant et suffisant et je pensais simplement que ce n 'etait pas son tour a lui. Aujourd 'hui avec cette victoire je me rends compte a quel point le pays avait soif de changement et puis surtout la dimension historique. La vague Obama c 'est avant tout la rencontre du peuple americain dans sa diversite avec un homme exceptionnel et "inspirational". Je cautionne a 90% son programme sauf pour l 'avortement (je suis pour la vie)...je suis tres heureuse d 'etre americaine; nul part ailleurs l 'histoire d 'Obama aurait ete possible en 2008!

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Câline, quelque chose du rêve américain s'est réveillé mardi dernier, et je crois que cela fait du bien au monde entier.

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. well, I live in Cal too, so I am afraid that the whole "brand new day of tolerance" stuff rings a bit false...

    But I'm not bitter.

    Oh hell, yes I am! Two churches who are notorious for either molesting or marrying children took away the right for gays to be married, in the name of the kiddies. I am very bitter....

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Tom, what I think about the way certain organizations interfere in the American political life and lawmaking wouldn't fit (or be fitting) in a comment form. I'm sorry that this has marred the many other reasons for rejoicing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. I feel that this was an incomplete victory, too, but we shall overcome. We cannot give up.

    RépondreSupprimer
  22. Cait, a lot of people voted against proposition 8 -- there's comfort to be taken in that, and, as I said to Tom, many other motives for hope.

    RépondreSupprimer
  23. I agree! I'm feelin' hopeful! Don't ask me why, but I love life and I can't let this get me down.

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. Hey, at least your governor's back in town and not in Washington, which is, well... reassuring for the world.

    RépondreSupprimer