vendredi 16 septembre 2011

Juniper Sling: Penhaligon's mock-umentary revisits the Jazz Age


After the Monty Python-esque video promoting Bertrand Duchaufour's Sartorial, Penhaligon's take a page from Woody Allen's Zelig in their new mock-umentary for the gin-inspired Juniper Sling.

I haven't tested the juice yet -- it's by Olivier Cresp (Firmenich) but I, for one, am much more attracted by this kind of tongue-in-cheek promotional approach than by the nth superproduction featuring a half-naked writhing beauty reaching nirvana after one spritz, or a brooding bloke wafting a babe-trap sillage...

9 commentaires:

  1. That is adorable, and really does make me want to sniff it. I love the smell of gin - my father was an inveterate gin and tonic drinker, so it has very fond associations for me, besides being a damned wonderful aroma.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Amy, isn't it cute and hilarious? Humor is so rare in the fragrance world.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What a charming, funny ad. Love it! I can't bear gin, but because of this ad, I'd be willing to give Juniper Sling a try. It's fun to guess where, and from what news story, they scrumped the footage....
    -Marla

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It IS great, isn't it? So wonderful to begin from the premise of not taking oneself too seriously - an underrated key to the art of living well, I think. I'm a big fan of gin - and with various little micro-distilleries popping up in the UK, it's become intellectually interesting as well as a good way to start an evening. Looking forward to trying it on.
    -- Kit

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Marla, just think of it as juniper rather than gin... The copy on the Penhaligon's website is quite funny too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Kit, I remember well an evening we started on gin, and finished on gin -- in fact, gin and tonic is now a drink I associate with our first, momentous dinner!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. is this gonna get you stopped by the police I wonder?

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Lekavalio, now that's a thought! Imagine being pulled over and asked to blow into the little tube because of your fragrance...

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. That was absolutely charming! I'm a lover of a good gin cocktail but no matter; I'd be in, just because they dared to do something different!

    RépondreSupprimer