mercredi 6 juillet 2011

Vitriol d'oeillet: The Winner of the Draw


By writing, and asking you to write about the flower, I found out that there's a lot more to this humble, neglected blossom than is generally thought. Not only is it dear to many of you for sentimental reasons, but it is so rich in linguistic and historical associations that you could probably write a story of European culture just by unfolding its serrated petals.

Masculine and feminine, revolutionary and religious, dandified and bucolic, the carnation well deserves a better place in our gardens and vases and on our skins. How about a Carnation Revolution?

And the winner of the draw for a decant of Serge Lutens Vitriol d'oeillet is:


Hemlock Sillage

Please write to me at graindemusc at gmail dot com to give me your address.

And thank you all for your poetic, thoughtful contributions.

See you on Friday for a sneak preview of a few fall launches.

2 commentaires:

  1. Thank you, thank you! You've made my day. I'm bouncing about, joyfully. Truly, thank you for your generosity. I will look forward to trying Mr. Lutens' more agressive little carnation. I appreciate the opportunity to try it. Be well.
    --HemlockSillage

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Lovely! Just send me your address by email and I'll ship the goods!

    RépondreSupprimer